The Early Beatles (United States, 1965)
Virtually a re-release of the band’s first UK album Please Please Me, The Early Beatles, was a US-only release featuring 12 of the 14 songs from Please Please Me, omitting I Saw Her Standing There and Misery. Capitol issued the album after winning rights to Please Please Me from Vee Jay Records. However, they omitted Misery and There’s A Place, which were later issued on the 1980 Rarities album. The album was rereleased on CD in 2006 as part of the four disc set The Capitol Albums, Vol. 2 in both stereo and mono on one disc using the original Capitol masters, and again in 2014 in The U.S. Albums box set but featuring reworked EMI masters.
- Capitol T 2309 (mono), released March 22, 1965
- Capitol ST 2309 (stereo), released March 22, 1965
- Capitol C1-90445, released July 28, 1988
- Apple/Capitol CDP 0946 3 57498 2 3, released April 11, 2006 in The Capitol Albums Vol. 2
- Apple B0019704-02 (remastered mono & stereo CD), released January 21, 2014