Songs > Dig It
Originally titled "Can You Dig It?", "Dig It" was a simple jam performed atop the Beatles offices with various lines conceived on the spot by each of the Beatles.
- January 24, 1969 (complete song; first version)
- January 26, 1969 (complete song; second version)
- March 27, 1970 (stereo mixing)
- The John Lennon speech "That was 'Can You Dig It?' by Georgie Wood..." was taken from the first version of "Dig It" and edited onto the second version for release on Let It Be, which was a heavily edited version from the 12 minute 25 second performance. The speech "I Dig A Pygmy, by Charles Hawtrey and the Deaf Aids...", which Phil Spector used to open the album, was taken from the second version of "Dig It" as well.
- Although clocking in at less than a minute on Let It Be, the jam that "Dig It" was derived from lasted over eight minutes. Phil Spector cut out a small section and mixed it for the album.