Because United Artists, who produced the film A Hard Day's Night had rights to the album, Capitol was prevented from issuing the soundtrack and calling A Hard Day's Night. Instead, Capitol - who had stereo mixes of the tracks where United Artists didn't - came up with Something New. The American release of A Hard Day's Night was issued by United Artists and was presented only in mono with some "rechanneled" stereo. For Something New, Capitol used 8 tracks from the UK version of A Hard Day's Night along with Komm, Gib Mir Deine Hand (a German recording of I Want To Hold Your Hand) and the 2 tracks from the UK Long Tall Sally EP not issued on Meet The Beatles. The album was rereleased on CD in 2004 as part of the four disc set The Capitol Albums, Vol. 1 in both stereo and mono on one disc using the original Capitol masters, and again in 2014 in The U.S. Albums box set but featuring reworked EMI masters.
- Capitol T 2018 (mono), released July 20, 1964
- Capitol ST 2018 (stereo), released July 20, 1964
- Capitol C1-90443, released July 28, 1988
- Apple/Capitol CDP 7243 8 66876 2 3, released November 15, 2004 in The Capitol Albums Vol. 1
- Apple B0019701-02 (remastered mono & stereo CD), released January 21, 2014