"A damn good piece of work" is what John called Paul's All My Loving, which was written as a poem for his new girlfriend Jane Asher while Paul was shaving. Paul later commented that it was the first song he wrote where he had the words written before the tune.
Hi-hat intro version
At least four European albums feature a different mix known as the "hi-hat intro" version, in which the song begins with 5 hi-hat taps and a sharp intake of breath on the right channel. These albums are With The Beatles, The Beatles' Greatest, The World's Best (all German), and The Beatles' Greatest (Holland).
- July 30, 1963 (13 takes; basic track)
- August 30, 1963 (mixing)
- October 29, 1963 (mixing)
- With The Beatles (1963)
- All My Loving (EP) (1964)
- 1962-1966 (1973)
- At The Hollywood Bowl (1977) [live at the Hollywood Bowl, 1965]
- The Beatles Ballads - 20 Original Tracks (1980)
- The Beatles Box (1980)
- Live At The BBC (1994) [live at the BBC, February 1964]
- Anthology 1 (1995) [live on The Ed Sullivan Show]
- Bootleg Recordings 1963 (2014) [live at the BBC, December 1963]